The world’s economies, whether emerging or developed, depend on the availability of reliable low cost power.
The power sector is navigating a series of changing market forces such as the competition between low cost gas and renewable sources of energy. There are two main challenges facing the power industry:
- Providing electricity to the population of the world’s emerging economies while modernizing the transmission and distribution system in the world’s developed economies
- Ensuring the reliable delivery of energy in a world wanting to move to renewable and storable forms of energy while leveraging distributed generation technology and resources
These challenges are compounded by the ambition to de-carbonize power generation while remaining cost-eff ective and mitigating climate impacts.
We help our clients address these demands in a number of ways, including:
- Support with entering new markets by assisting our clients manage their portfolio risk
- Supporting development of the capital projects portfolio
- Addressing EHS performance improvement issues such as the implementation of global audit programs, including the development of leading edge behavioral-based safety programs