The Chemical Industry is a 3 trillion dollar sector that touches almost everything in our world - from the food we eat and the clothes we wear, to the way we travel.
As a result of this broad scope, the sector includes a diverse range of companies. ERM works with clients ranging from the petrochemical to specialty manufacturing companies and has identified three major trends impacting their business:
- Increased demand for sustainability in their operations
- Digital transformation
- Accelerated globalization
These trends manifest themselves in a range of issues that directly impact the strategy and operations of all chemical companies. We work with the most prominent chemical companies to manage the resulting challenges, including:
- Responding to increased social and investor pressures to act responsibly and increase sustainable practices while maintaining profitable operations
- Decarbonization of products through new processes or different feedstocks
- Demonstrating improved environmental and social stewardship to meet greater customer and end user expectations
- Maintaining compliance with the continued growth in regulations globally
- Creating, maintaining, and evolving safety standards in compliance with regional and international regulations
- Applying better technology and data to maintain a competitive edge
- Navigating mergers & acquisitions, divestment, and asset retirement
We bring value by understanding their immediate and long-term needs and providing support that ranges from broad corporate sustainability to services that help with product stewardship, safety, due diligence, and remediation.