Founded in 1997, The Clean Energy Group (CEG) is a coalition of electric generating and electric distribution companies that share a commitment to responsible environmental stewardship.
The mission of CEG is to support and enhance the efforts of its members in understanding state and federal legislative, regulatory, and policy developments in environmental and energy areas. CEG assists its members in formulating and achieving their business goals and commenting on EPA regulations to ensure they are economically and environmentally sustainable.
Areas of Focus Hide
- NAAQS and regional haze regulatory actions
- Mercury and hazardous air pollutant regulations
- Cross-state air pollution rule and interstate ozone transport regulations
- Greenhouse gas state, regional, and federal policies
- Clean energy and carbon pricing legislative proposals and hearings
- Air and climate litigation
Member Benefits Hide
- Comprehensive Policy Evaluation. ERM provides members with timely, in depth summaries and analyses of new and emerging regulatory and legislative initiatives based on technical analysis, policy assessments, and discussions with regulators and other policymakers.
- Energy and Clean Air Regulatory and Legislative Intelligence. ERM provides members with a centralized source of information related to energy and air quality regulatory issues occurring on the national, regional, and state levels.
- Forum for Strategic Discussions. ERM coordinates regular meetings with briefings by key stakeholders and industry experts and weekly conference calls with members.